Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Best Bridge in Singapore...

Remember that post when I said I was going to go to Singapore? No? I mentioned a bridge? No?  I wanted to go see it? Still no? Well it happened, and it happened. I spent a total of 24 hours in Singapore, mainly just chavving around the airport and that, but I also made the trip to go see the worlds first double helix bridge in Singapore's Marina Bay...


...and it was fantastic. From what I could see, it was being well used, was working in harmony with the surrounding architecture and landscape, but absolutley held it's own against the abundence of iconic new developments. At the moment, the whole area is undergoing massive development as part of a larger masterplan, so there was still a lot of construction occuring and a sense of  generally being unfinished, but given time the Marina is going to be something a little bit special....in a good way.

2 comments:

  1. How crazy is that building with the boat on top. I watched a show about that and how they lifted it all up there in one hit. How is the new place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's insane, plus there were so many people on the top of it. Looks like it's been properly landscaped. I don't move in till saturday. Can't wait. Can you make it for drinks saturday night, I think Kat said she mentioned it to you?

    ReplyDelete